These grain-free pumpkin bars are subtly sweet, satisfying, and taste like a wholesome, nutty version of pumpkin pie. This time of year, I can’t get enough. Packed with healthy fats and fiber, they’re equally snack-friendly as they are a delicious, nightly dessert.
Once cooled, either sprinkle shredded coconut on top, serve them with a scoop of vanilla ice cream, or whip up a simple maple frosting. While these bars are more nourishing than the average pumpkin bread, they’re a wonderful addition to your Thanksgiving spread.
Grain-free Pumpkin Bars
- Preheat your oven to 350F. Line an 8×8 baking pan with coconut oil.
- In a large bowl, whisk together pumpkin purée, almond butter, coconut oil, maple syrup, coconut sugar, almond milk, and vanilla extract. Make sure your coconut oil isn't piping hot.
- In another bowl, combine your dry ingredients. Pour your wet ingredients into your dry ingredients and mix evenly. But, don't over mix.
- Pour your batter into your baking pan (you'll need to use a spatula to spread out the dough).
- Bake for 30-35 minutes, or until the edges start to brown.
- Let the pan cool completely, then slice. The bars will still be a bit gooey in the middle.