Feliz (almost) Cinco de Mayo! Tonight’s post is short and sweet, mainly because my to-do list is a mile long. Tomorrow, I’m off to an all-women’s leadership retreat. I still haven’t packed, and I’m only half-way through the retreat’s required reading. Oops.
However, you need this queso dip, so here it is. I kept the ingredient list short, and it takes less than five minutes to whip up. It tastes very similar to an authentic Mexicano queso dip, thanks to the creamy cashews and canned green chiles. It’s velvety, has a bit of a kick to it, and it’s totally customizable. We dipped these chips in it, but you can also make it more of a sauce (simply add more olive oil or warm water). If you make it a sauce, you can spread it onto tacos, enchiladas, or whatever else your Mexican-food-loving heart desires.
- 1 cup raw cashews (can soak them overnight)
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast
- 1 small can of organic diced green chiles (reserve the liquid)
- 1 tsp of Trader Joe’s Chile Lime seasoning blend
- Cholula to taste
1. Add all of your ingredients to a food processor and pulse. Scrape down the sides a few times.
2. For a smoother consistency, either add some of the green chile liquid, some olive oil, or a bit of warm water.
Serve immediately, but it will store nicely in the fridge for a few days.