Happy Monday, friends! I hope your weekend was relaxing and that you’re ready to start the week on a good note. I’m a firm believer that positivity breeds positivity. So, even if your weekend was only mediocre, let’s make this a kick-ass, productive week. Alright?
I spent the weekend in California, attending a family friend’s wedding at the Mountain Terrace. What a hidden gem the Mountain Terrace is. A few miles off of winding Skyline Boulevard, it’s charmingly intimate and naturally secluded, a perfect location for an outdoor wedding. The grassy field + lodge are nestled amongst towering redwoods, overlooking Woodside and the rest of the Peninsula. When the sun is shining and the fog hasn’t rolled over from the coast, it’s pristine. The wedding was beautiful (think rustic-chic), the food was very farm-to-table-esque, and the Brits certainly know how to roast a groom 😉 Congratulations, Mr. and Mrs. Stevenson!
I always love being home—even if it’s for a short weekend. It inevitably includes a conversation with my husband about what it would be like to move back to California one day. But for now, a quick flight from CO to CA will certainly suffice. For those of you who know me well, you know that my family is the most important part of my life. Whether we’re on the go or home relaxing, the time we spend together is effortless and sacred. That said, in addition to the wedding, we went to Soul Cycle, saw relatives (hi, Gma), relaxed + BBQed in the backyard, walked the dog, and made time for a pit-stop at In-N-Out. It was perfect, albeit too quick as always.
I made these energy bites before we left, knowing (all too well) that we would both be hungry during travel. Of course, though, we ate them all before we finished packing. Oops. My husband is obsessed with these and I’m obsessed with these, but airport snacks are expensive! Instead, make these the day before you fly and you’ll be all set. These are the perfect snack to tide you over until you reach your next destination.
Vegan Cherry-Apricot Cashew Bites
- 1/4 cup dried dark sweet cherries (unsweetened and unsulfered from Trader Joe's)
- 1/4 cup + 1/4 cup dried apricots (unsweetened and unsulfered from Trader Joe's)
- 1/3 cup raw cashews
- 1/3 cup rolled oats gluten free if necessary
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1-2 tbsp warm water
- 1 tbsp cocoa powder (TCHO brand) for rolling
- Start by adding the dried fruit and cashews to a food processor. Pulse until they're combined.
- Throw in your rolled oats, coconut, chia seeds, and vanilla extract. Pulse. You may need to scrape down the sides once or twice.
- At this point, you'll want your dough to (mostly) stick together. I added a tablespoon or so of warm water to help. Use your fingers to press it together. If it sticks, you're done with the food processor.
- Scoop out the dough and roll it into balls. If you want to roll these in cocoa powder (as I did for some), feel free!
- To note: You can store these in an airtight container or a stasher bag (if you keep them in the fridge, they will harden). Also, these aren't overly sweet because I used cherries and apricots for the base instead of dates. Add a tablespoon of maple syrup or honey if you'd like.
Leave a Reply